This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the services offered by HTB (the “Services”) and the websites located at www.hackthebox.eu (“Website”). This AUP applies to you the end user of the Services and its SaaS Subscribers.
By using the Services, you agree to abide by this Policy and to remain in compliance at all times while using the Services. HTB may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Website.
By using the Services or accessing the Website, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If at any time You disagree with this Policy, you must stop using the Services.
If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, HTB may suspend or terminate your use of the Services immediately and without notice.
This AUP is intended to protect HTB and You as well as the Services and the Internet community as a whole from improper, inappropriate, abusive, or illegal activity. When using the Services, you are required to comply with this Policy and is expected to adhere to commonly accepted practices of the Internet community. The prohibited uses described below are intended as guidelines regarding improper and inappropriate conduct, and should not be interpreted as an exhaustive list.
HTB assumes no liability for Your Content or Your use of the Services.
Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Website for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of HTB or others. (IPR, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or confidential information etc)
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Such behaviour may result in criminal or civil liability. You may not engage, without limitation, in the following activities:
- Gaining unauthorized access to, or attempting to compromise or test the normal functioning, operation or security of any network, system, computing facility, equipment, data or information.
- Engaging in any activities that may interfere with the ability of others to access or use the Services, their system, or the Internet (i.e., denial attacks).
- Monitoring or crawling any data, information or communications on any network or system not owned by You without authorization.
- Gaining unauthorized access to the user accounts or passwords of other users of any system.
- Attempting to intercept, redirect or otherwise interfere with communications intended for others.
- Intentionally transmitting files or messages containing computer viruses or propagating worms, Trojan horses, or "spyware" programs.
- Using manual or electronic means to avoid the use limitations related to the Services, such as access and storage restrictions.
- Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
The Services may not be used in a manner which purposely alters or forges Your identity. You may not engage, without limitation, in the following activities:
- Sending any message or transmitting any electronic communication using a name or address other than Your own for purposes of deception.
- Impersonating someone else by altering Your source IP address or by using forged headers or other identity information.
- Fraudulently concealing, forging or otherwise falsifying Your identity in connection with any use of the Services.
Monitoring and Enforcement
HTB may investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or the Website or remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement HTB has with you for use of the Services or the Website.
HTB may report any activity that HTB suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information.
HTB may also cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us at [email protected]