We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to expand our team in London. *** YOU NEED TO BE A UK CITIZEN OR HAVE THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB ***
Our L3Harris business unit in London are a custom software development company with locations in Australia, Canada, UK and the USA. We service corporate and government clients globally. Founded in 2007, our particular expertise centres on cross-platform and low-level systems development as well as IT security services.
Our focus is on developing custom software systems and applications, particularly those in constrained or multi-platform environments. We design and develop end-to-end solutions based on client requirements.
The Senior Software Engineer’s role is to architect, design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Senior Software Engineers will also oversee system start-ups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other teams where required.
The successful candidate must be able to work primarily in the London office – remote working is possible but the expectation is the majority of the time will be spent in the office.
We are looking for people with a passion for computer security and want to be involved in cutting edge R&D.
Responsibilities of the role
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
- Take an active role in cross-team projects when needed.
- Direct research on emerging system, security, and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Interact regularly with managers, clients, vendors, and agencies to field queries and questions.
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of system, security, and application development best practices.
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Liaise with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, programmers, and other software engineers to resolve any defects in products or company systems.
- Write and/or delete programming script to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company infrastructure including Web site and Web applications as necessary.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and upgrades for optimal performance of company workstations.
- Train, manage and provide guidance to junior software development staff
Experience & Skills
- A University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience as a Senior Engineer with Windows system-level development experience in user and kernel level programming and/or device driver development, Windows debugging, and DDK.
- Demonstrable work experience in system level software development.
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++ and assembly.
- A deep understanding of operating system internals and principles such as: synchronization mechanisms, multithreaded programming, inter-process communication.
- Experience with reverse engineering and debugging at the user and kernel level.
- Experience with software vulnerability analysis.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle and Quality Assurance process in a commercial software development environment.
- Experience with high performance x86/x64-based multiprocessor system architecture.
- Experience in using a source control systems.
- Knowledge of the following protocols and technologies: TCP/IP, File Systems, Network File Systems.
- Knowledge of security related software functionality.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this role - please email [email protected] providing your CV, a cover letter and include your HTB username