We're currently looking for an experienced engineer to join our team in Barcelona, to help us build software to effectively scale security to the whole company by developing services that integrate internal, open-source and commercial tools into comprehensive services that are automated, flexible and engineer friendly.
What you will do
- Work on software engineering challenges such as vulnerability detection and reporting, security incident detection and handling, security automation as well as development of all sorts of self-serve security services.
- Improve our internal security products to be more effective, robust and scalable, while keeping them usable.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and solve security challenges that are blockers for development.
- Active involvement in the product roadmap and with stakeholders of our security products and services.
- Collaborate with other security teams on shared projects and initiatives.
Who you are
- Interest in the domain of infrastructure and application security.
- Significant hands-on experience on software or security engineering.
- Experience with some of the following security domains:
- Application security
- Vulnerability management
- Secret management
- Security monitoring
- Incident response
- Authentication and Authorization
- Applied Cryptography
- Experience with web technologies (i.e. web applications, REST APIs) and service oriented architectures.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Feeling comfortable communicating in English in a working environment.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working in software engineering related to security.
- Willingness to work in both back-end and front-end code, as well as to define infrastructure as code.
- Experience with containerization and cluster management tools like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Travis, Spinnaker, Jenkins).
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure or OpenStack.
- Understanding about vulnerability models and how to make systems and software more secure.
- Technical knowledge of networking, applications and operating system security.
- Knowledge of DevOps culture (infrastructure-as-code, “you build it, you run it” etc.)
What you’ll get from us
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- 28 days of holidays
- Competitive compensation package
- A unique position in an international and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- The chance to be a key player in a growing, highly skilled team
- Great colleagues and a healthy working environment
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, choose your phone and computer
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Free breakfast, coffee and fruit.
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more!
The health of our employees is very important to us. Due to Covid-19 all of our employees currently have the option to work from home full-time or, depending on the local situation and government regulations, they may go into the office following all safety protocols. This means that our interviews are currently taking place virtually. We are reviewing the situation on a regular basis and want to ensure that we follow all governmental guidelines and put the health of our people first.